Housing benefit

Housing benefit is a state subsidy towards rent or the costs of owner-occupied housing. This allowance is available to people with a low income.

Under certain circumstances, you may be entitled to housing benefit as a recipient of citizen's allowance - namely if the housing benefit can end your need for assistance or the need for assistance of your entire community of need (possibly together with child supplement).

The Jobcenter's aim is for you to end your benefit receipt if possible. You may therefore be asked to check your entitlement to housing benefit.

You can apply for housing benefit at the City of Dortmund. You can find more information on the website of the City of Dortmund.

Was this article helpful to you?
Our telephone customer service can arrange: (0231) 842-1110