The so-called "Regelsatz" comprises the amount that is transferred to you by the Jobcenter to secure your basic needs.
This flat-rate amount includes costs for food, personal hygiene, clothing, household goods, household energy (electricity) and the needs of daily life (e.g. for participation in cultural and social life). The full standard rate is paid to single people, single parents and people whose partner is a minor.
To January 1, 2023, the citizen money replaced the unemployment benefit II. The monthly standard benefits apply:
|Single or single parents||502 €|
|couples (per partner) in the BG*, if both are of age||451 €|
|18- to 24-year-olds in the BG* of parents||402 €|
|14- to 17-Year-olds in the BG*||420 €|
|Children from six to 13 years||348 €|
|Children up to five years||318 €|
|Full-age in institutions (according to SGB XII)||360 €|
*Group of need
Persons, who already receive benefits from the Jobcenter Dortmund and have an approval notice for 2023, automatically receive the higher standard rates paid. You do not need to make a separate application for Citizen's Allowance.
Even if you have already applied and you do not have a notice at this point, the adjustment will take place automatically (the notices will be sent out in the first week of January 2023).
For a new application for benefits, please have the following documents ready:.
- Valid identity card or valid passport
- Proof of the amount of the costs of accommodation (rent and utilities, e.g. in the form of the lease, Vermieter:innenbescheinigung or. Ä.
- Your bank statements for the last three months (without gaps and sorted) - of all accounts and all persons (also online accounts, e.g. PayPal and credit cards, Internet exchanges, such as eBay, MyHammer/ Autoscout24, etc.)
- If you do not have a bank account: proof that no account can be established
- If available: Proof of credit balances in savings accounts
- Proof of your health insurance (eg in the form of health insurance card, membership certificate of the health insurance company or the like)
- Social security number
- If you have children: Proof of child benefit
- Proof of heating costs
- If available: Severely disabled certificate
Certain persons must submit the following documents in addition:
- For foreign applicants: passport for verification of residence status
- For children over 16 years: School certificates
- For divorces and non-marital children: Child support arrangements, proof of child support advance
- If you have a car: KfZ-Schein and document for car insurance
If you want to apply for unemployment benefit II, please contact us first by phone. We will advise you on how to make an application - individually for your situation.
Alternatively, you have the option to make a simplified application for unemployment benefit II on the website of the Federal Employment Agency. However, we recommend that you first contact us by phone..
Tip: Filling out instructions in easy-to-understand German can be found in the download area.
Tip: With the "digital pilot" on the website of the Federal Employment Agency, you can check online quickly and easily whether you are entitled to unemployment benefit II.
Tip: You can find a application for continued approval of benefits to secure your livelihood in accordance with the Second Book of the German Social Code (SGB II) in the download area.